Last month I was fortunate enough to be interviewed by Boost CTR. Oddly enough, all their questions were about ad text optimization. The main takeaway is we all need to test our ads more often, and that I place more value on copywriting skills over hard-core math skills. Not to say that the statistics aren’t [...]
My latest guest post over at the WordStream blog. I explain the benefits of acting on good PPC advice from the community. I go into detail about taking Tom Demer’s advice on using symbols in ad testing. Hope you find it useful.
In this guest post, I go into detail about using Impression-to-Conversion (I2C) when choosing a text ad test winner. I first introduced I2C in my previous post about statistically significant ad testing. Please have a look and I encourage you to ask quesions and comment.
In this video I explain how to use an Excel spreadsheet and MSN AdCenter Desktop to add Google Analytics URL tracking parameters to your MSN AdCenter text ads. I have included a free download of the spreadsheet that you can easily modify or extend for other Google Analytics tracking URLs. For more information about Google Analytics [...]
In this video I explain how to use an excel spreadsheet for determining statistical significance for PPC ad testing. I have included a free download of the spreadsheet as well as links to the resources used to create the spreadsheet. I used the ClickEquations blog for some inspiration and the Marketing Experiments blog, a Data Mining book, and [...]
- Free Excel Spreadsheet for PPC Text Ad Testing for Statistical Significance August 9, 2010
- Google Analytics URL Tracking Parameters for MSN – Free Excel Download August 13, 2010
- FREE DOWNLOAD – Statistically Significant PPC Testing using Google Math August 26, 2010
- Testing AdWords Modified Broad Match Keywords – Initial Findings August 18, 2010
- Search Query Mining for Campaign Negatives August 5, 2010
- I’m Speaking at HeroConf 2013 in Austin February 27, 2013
- Speaking at SMX West 2012 in San Jose January 18, 2012
- WordStream’s AdWords Perfromance Grader: A Potentially Valuable Tool for SMB’s August 14, 2011
- Cross Ad Group Testing Excel Template: SMX Advanced Presentation June 8, 2011
- Google AdWords Dashboard: FREE Excel Template May 19, 2011
- Are You Making Any of These 5 Ad Testing Mistakes? | webnewsreview.com: [...] This is simply fixed by plugging your perfor...
- Are You Making Any of These 5 Ad Testing Mistakes? | EProducts WebStore: [...] This is simply fixed by plugging your perfor...
- Kevin James McAuley: Hey Chad, Thanks for this helpful tutorial. Eve...
- Aji: man, thanks for this tip.. i've been looking arou...
- Control your Match Types with Search Query Reports and Pivot Tables | Certified Knowledge: [...] Advanced Search Query Mining (5 parts + Exce...