WordStream has just released a compelling free tool targeted at SMB’s: the AdWords Performance Grader. This new tool promises a free, instant audit of your AdWords account performance in eight key areas of PPC. They’ve also included a best-practices checklist. Here’s a list of the areas their tool covers: Wasted Spend (Negative Keywords) Quality Score […]
Over the last few weeks I’ve been writing a series of blog post over at WordStream on how to re-create the Google AdWords Performance Dashboard. Part 1: Getting the right data Part 2: Transforming the data Part 3: Building the scorecard Part 4: Building the charts Part 5: Making the dashboard dynamic Here’s the companion […]
This post is just as much for me as it is for you. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve bugged my coworkers asking them how to calculate a weighted average position when analyzing PPC reports with Excel or Tableau. I guess that’s what happens when you let a former art major do math, […]
In my latest post over at Certified Knowledge I explain how adding sitelinks impacted my overall search marketing mix (PPC & SEO). There are also some great comments you will want to checkout.
In my latest guest post over at the WordStream blog I show you how to use Tableau to analyze your AdWords Geographic Report. If you’ve never used Tableau before, it a powerfull business intelligence tool vor visual analytics. This post is a good introduction to how to use the tool for PPC.
In my latest guest post over at the WordStream blog, I explain how to use your PPC search query performance data for targeted SEO. I even included an Excel download with all of the formulas I used in the analysis. I hope you find it useful.
The first guest-post of a five part series I’m doing on Advanced Search Query Mining just went live today on the WordStream blog. Here’s what I will be covering over the next few weeks: Part 1: The Power of Search Queries Part 2: Getting the Right Data Part 3: Preparing Your Data for Analysis Part 4: […]
This is just a quick post to let you know that the Peer Comparison Spreadsheet has been updated and now includes a statistical significance check—courtesy of Richard Fergie. Richard was kind enough to add both an Agresti-Coull and Wilson significance check to the spreadsheet making it a much more useful tool. Now, not only can […]
My new favorite saying for PPC is, “Context is king!” How do you know if a keyword’s CTR is good or bad? How about your keywords CVR (conversion rate)? We determine this by comparing our keyword’s performance to the average performance of the other similar keyword/ad combinations. PPC analysts make these types of comparisons all […]
- Free Excel Spreadsheet for PPC Text Ad Testing for Statistical Significance August 9, 2010
- Google Analytics URL Tracking Parameters for MSN – Free Excel Download August 13, 2010
- FREE DOWNLOAD – Statistically Significant PPC Testing using Google Math August 26, 2010
- Testing AdWords Modified Broad Match Keywords – Initial Findings August 18, 2010
- I’m Speaking at SMX Advanced May 10, 2011
- Huge Gazel Discount for a Limited Time! December 21, 2013
- I’m Speaking at HeroConf 2013 in Austin February 27, 2013
- Speaking at SMX West 2012 in San Jose January 18, 2012
- WordStream’s AdWords Perfromance Grader: A Potentially Valuable Tool for SMB’s August 14, 2011
- Cross Ad Group Testing Excel Template: SMX Advanced Presentation June 8, 2011
- Fast Track To Finding Statistical Significance | PPC Hero®: […] This comes from my PPC celebrity crush o...
- Chad Summerhill: Hi Jesse, good questions. Integrating Gazel with B...
- Jesse Kanclerz: What's the road map look like for a Bing Ads API ...
- Chris: Chad, Nice work! Anyway this can be uploaded/s...
- 3 Nifty Time-saving PPC Tools | Search Engine Marketing Blog | Tug: […] http://www.chadsummerhill.com/ppc-text-a...